I hope you’re all having a great (short) week! On this edition of Read This! we have a grab bag of interesting articles. Let me know which one(s) you like!
- Read this great interview with Jillian Michaels — all about how to use fitness as a tool to feel confident in who you are. I love this woman! Here’s my favorite quote from the article:
When it comes to your “why,” write it down and put it everywhere — in your car, on your phone. Remind yourself constantly why you’re doing what you’re doing. Then remove any sort of temptation. Build a support system, whether it’s a workout buddy or a mom from day care, so you have that person to call when you have a moment of weakness.
- I love infographics, and this one about the benefits of napping is great! I’ll take any excuse to take a nice nap in the middle of a lazy Sunday (:
- Kris Carr’s morning green juice recipe! Can’t wait to try this. She’s truly inspirational.
- An oldie but a goodie: Coach Nicole’s honest “confession” post about the dangers of dieting down to an unhealthy weight. Thin does not always equal healthy.
- Check out this app for your phone that might motivate you to run — I know it’s right up my best friend’s (and her husband’s) alley! What better motivation to get in shape than to prepare for the zombie apocalypse?
- *shameless plug* Check out my Pinterest where you can find great diet and exercise tips plus some yummy vegan recipes!
- Lastly, here is a wonderfully inspirational quote that I came across this week from German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche: