Sometimes, when I get restless… I make cookies. Lucky me, there’s an abundance of veg-friendly recipes online. I got this recipe by googling “vegan peanut butter cookies.” Click here to see the original post!
This Mmmeal makes about 30 cookies.
- 2 cups flour (800 cal)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter (750 cal)
- 1 cup maple syrup (800)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (640 cal)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Cooking Utensils You Will Need:
- baking sheet(s)
- measuring spoons and cups
- 1 mixing spoon
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 oven
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In one mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined.
- In the other mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, maple syrup, olive oil, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Pour the flour mixture over the peanut butter mixture, combining slowly until mixed.
- Place spoonfuls of the dough onto a greased baking sheet. Press each lump down with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the corners begin to brown.
TOTAL CALORIES PER COOKIE: 100 calories.
Recipe notes: Yum! Definitely not healthy, but it’s a pretty darn good peanut butter cookie recipe if you ask me. They do have a bit more protein in them than your average cookie, being part peanut butter, so they’re a good hunger quencher at 1 a.m. when you’re only half way done with stuffing wedding invitation envelopes (: